Background

Monday, May 17, 2010

Gross, Yuck, & Ick.

I can't think right now, let alone blog.
My head is stuffed up, and my nose is - well - I wish it was running. Instead it's backed up into my head and down the back of my neck.

Gross.

I don't think I slept more than 20 minutes in a row last night - and it didn't help that Levi didn't either. Poor guy. He's coughing so much he can hardly stay asleep, although I know he'd like to.

So, the question becomes, what are we dealing with here at the Hnosko Sanitarium?
Aparently Levi had "hand, foot, & mouth", as charactarized by those red spots in the back of his throat, but now I'm beginning to question that. Why? well primarily because he never developed the charactaristic spots on his hands or feet. Another reason - I certainly don't have HF&M. So my thought is that he and I both have the same thing - a nasty cold.

I'm no medical professional, but there are my two cents worth.

So now he's at the tale end of his cold mess, coughing and sneezing up a storm, and I'm at the very beginning of mine. Have I said yuck yet? Oh, no, sorry, I said Gross earlier. Well, Yuck AND Gross. Add to that the UTI that my baby was recovering from and this has been a house full of medical intervention. Go ahead and add this to the list of weeks I don't wish to repeat, will ya?

So I gave Levi some Benedryl this morning, hoping it would help relieve his stuffy nose and watery eyes. Looks like it did a decent job but that cough - oh man that cough. I've got the humidifier running in his room with eucalyptus oil, and I pumped his little nose full of saline before I put him down for nap, so hopefully one or both of those things will help.

Meanwhile I'm sitting downstairs with a pile of snotty baby-washcloths (because we ran out of kleenex, why else) a breath-right strip, and a strong desire to find my nasal spray which is currently MIA. Had I found said nasal spray I would probably be breathing out of my nose right now and, consequently, napping.

Ick Ick Ick.

No comments: