Background

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I thought I wanted wood floors

...and wood floors are what we have, so naturally I should be pleased.
And I am.

Except...

Except I have this tiny little problem. Everybody's got to be neurotic about something, right? Well, my issue is with all the crumbs and other miscellaneous crud I pick up on the bottoms of my feet - and, more importantly, said crud found on the bottoms of my son's feet. Yuck.

And you know what happens, right? I mean, think about it. What do YOU do when you've got bits of guck (my word) stuck to your bare feet? I'll tell you what you do. You head right for a piece of carpet or rug to (sometimes unintentionally) brush it all off.

Which would be all fine and dandy IF IT DIDN'T MAKE THE RUG LOOK BEIGE INSTEAD OF WHITE.

This wasn't a problem before we had a kiddo. I sweep religiously. I also mop religiously. But, you see, I have a small crumb-making-machine that travels from room to room depositing said crumbs everywhere he goes. I honestly don't know how he does it, he only eats in his high-chair. Would you believe I find crumbs INSIDE his diaper? I've come to decide he sticks food down his onesie to save for later, but that's another story entirely.

So what's a mom to do? Sweep, Mop, and sweep again?

Maybe I should just give up and keep my socks on.

No comments: