Background

Friday, June 4, 2010

one year check up

It went really well yesterday, much to my surprise
I thought it would be a difficult time since he was catheterized the last two times he was there. Thank you Lord for making the baby memory VERY short!

at 12 months Levi is:
in the 46th percentile for weight (just over 22 1/2 lbs)
in the 96th percentile for height (32")
in the 75th percentile for head size
walking
babbling
eating with a fork - a new development and he's REALLY slow with it
taking two 1.5 hour naps
sleeping 11 solid hours most nights
habitually scratching the back of his neck. Don't know what that's about but I mentioned it to the doc
eating everything except dairy and soy. Tried dairy last week on him, had two days of nasty diapers. Won't give him any more until 18 months. On the bright side, I can have it in moderation and still nurse him.
nursing 5-6 times a day for only short bouts
throwing mini temper tantrums
loving fruit, loathing vegetables
resisting diaper changes like the plague
getting small flicks on the back of the hand when he intentionally throws food off his highchair tray - and responding to them quite well.
enjoying his jumbo legos, his ball popper, his little kitchenette, and of all things, bubble wrap (with supervision)
eating 5 meals a day (used to be three meals and two snacks, but now I think they're all about the same quantity of food)
and MANY other things that I can't remember.

Blogger is being a poop. It won't let me add photos, change fonts, or do many other things. GRRR. Once it will, I'll add plenty of cute pictures from his party etc. I feel like I'm getting VERY behind.

Anyhow, happy Friday!

1 comment:

miL. said...

macy scratches her head too! its usually when she's tired, is there some sort of time consistency with levi? i've never seen a kid do it before either, but just figured it was a tired thing for miss macy! interesting...