Background

Monday, June 22, 2009

Ecosensitivity has its limits

We have less time than we've ever had before.
Surprised?
You shouldn't be - we have a newborn. But you knew that.

We bought our house just over one year ago and with it purchased a number of items that every homeowner needs. Things like a weed-wacker, a lawn mower, and a ladder. Rewind - lawn mower? well, actually what we bought was this.

It worked quite well for us. We mowed twice a week. I did it once and Jonathan did it once. I'll admit, I had high aspirations for us as we embarked upon life with a newborn. I imagined myself out mowing the lawn while little man was napping. To borrow a couple phrases from the movie Clueless: Right. as if.

So, as a wonderful fathers day gift for my wonderful husband (ok, it was purely coincidental that we happened to purchase it on fathers day) we bought the lovely item pictured below.


So, did we cave? Unequivocally, yes. But I must remind myself (and you, too) that when life changes you must change with it in order to maintain your very own sanity. That's not to say, however, that you won't see us out doing the following again, our "snipper clipper" is far from retired:In other news it looks like our little boy is enjoying his granddad - or is it the other way around? Decide for yourself
- Melissa

No comments: