Background

Thursday, August 26, 2010

There's no place like home

And by that I mean both Seattle and Lincoln. They are both home to me, after all.

Home (seattle) was wonderful. It never ceases to amaze me how much I learn about myself and my babe each time we take a trip. Traveling forces me to live outside my comfort zone, to do things that I normally wouldn't, to be bend-over-backwards flexible with routines, and traditions, and to go with the mighty flow. and what a flow it was.

We saw parents, grandparents, and great grand parents, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, and cousins. We visited not one, but two childrens' museums. We frequented kid-friendly coffee shops, fed many many ducks and chickens, and found water to splash in anywhere we could. We went swimming at greenlake, swimming at home, and swimming in the bath tub. We saw all the animals at the zoo, and even a few outside of it. We walked, and talked, and ate and ate. And ate.

We had two nap days, and one nap days. We NEVER got up in the middle of the night. Not once. Neither of us! We learned what a "pretty" was. We said and heard the words "no touching" no less than a thousand and one times. We experienced 90+ degree days in a home without AC. We said so-long to the sleep-sack in favor of normal toddler pajamas. We learned how to effortlessly climb stairs (but not how to back down them), how to get in and out of toy cars, how to step over tall thresholds, and how to back up and sit down in a small chair.

Indeed, we did MANY things. We grew and matured by leaps and bounds, and we were oh-so-very well taken care of. Levi's hair grew no less than an inch, and he no less than half of one. Our flight back was not so easy as our flight there, but it was nice to have a baby on pacific time who would gladly sleep in the following morning.

Out of shear laziness I have posted all applicable photos on facebook instead of uploading them here (which, as you may know, takes WAY TOO LONG), so go there to enjoy them. All in all, we are very glad to be back home (Lincoln) in our own comfort zone.

I feel like I'm forgetting to say SO MANY things, but that is likely because I haven't blogged in so very long. In time, all the "ah-hah" moments I had will come to me, and I'll be able to share them. Now, however, I have bills to pay. Bills which arrived whilste I was away. Bills which I need to pay out of an account at a bank which is in the process of changing hands. Cannot yout hear in my tone of type that I am insenced with this bank-changing-hands crap? Buuuuuuuut that's a story for another day. Cheers!

No comments: