Background

Friday, July 22, 2011

recent conversations

me: "Levi, what are we going to do when we get home?"
Levi: "shoes off, pants off" (shortly followed by) "lunch, milk-cup, nap"
(all true, and in order, by the way!)

me: "Levi, what did you learn about at VBS today?"
Levi "JESUS!"
me: "who made the bunnies (part of a song they sing)
Levi: "JESUS!"
me: "who took you to the potty at VBS today?"
Levi: "JESUS!"
(unfair, but so cute!)

in the car...
me: "Levi, it's time to be all done whining and crying, please use your words."
Levi: "NO, MORE!"
me: "more whining and crying?"
Levi: (continues said unreasonable whining and fussing)
me: "Levi, all done whining, we're almost home"
Levi: "MORE!!"

me: "Levi, is mommy having a boy or a girl?"
Levi: "no, a baby"
me: "yes sweetie, but will it be a baby boy or a baby girl?"
Levi: "a bunny"

Me: "Levi, what does mommy want you to do if you wake up while you're still supposed to be resting?
Levi: "not stand up"

I realize that needs a little context: Lately I've been reminding him that if he wakes up in the middle of the night, he needs to roll over and go back to sleep. Apparently he also remembers something ELSE I told him to do - or rather NOT to do - a few nights back when he awoke in the middle of the night and I found him standing up in his crib (not such a safe feat for a very very tall toddler). He's been thoroughly obedient though, I must say.

naptime is over - more later

2 comments:

Learning to Parent said...

Ha ha! Super cute! I, for one, can't wait to meet your new baby bunny. ;)

Hilary said...

wait, so are you having a boy or a girl? or do you know yet?