Background

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A simple Autumn treat my kid will actually eat

I found this recipe recently in an issue of Parents Magazine. Levi Loves it. Jonathan begs for it. and it has 5 ingredients. Sounds like a win, win, win.

Oh, and it's cheap. Make that a win, win, win, win.

Shortcut Pumpkin Bread
Yellow cake mix (we use Best Choice/super-saver brand which is dairy/soy free)
The eggs and oil the mix calls for
One cup pureed pumpkin
One cup mashed banana

Mix all ingredients together well
Pour into a greased loaf pan
bake at 375 for 50 minutes

Presto! Pumpkin bread.

Now, for the fine print - I actually add chocolate chips to mine. Call me a rebel, but if you want the truth they come by Jonathan's insistence. So don't blame me.

3 comments:

Julie said...

We love chocolate chip pumpkin bread! Mine doesn't call for cake mix but that does make it easier...

miL. said...

OH MY WORD! i cannot wait to make this. i'm making it tomorrow. seriously. THANK YOU! for posting this! :D

AngMomof3 said...

We heart pumpkin bread. And I heart that I stumbled onto your blog!!! You can visit mine at http://mom-e-memoirs.blogspot.com.

Good to "see" you!